Whether you’ve been in business for years, or if you’re just starting out, finding potential customers can be a pretty big problem to have. Sadly enough, most businesses don’t put too much into marketing at the beginning and later find themselves struggling to catch up. An effective small business online marketing campaign can be the lead engine for your business constantly feeding per-qualified customers your way. How you interact and connect with those customers is up to you.
5 Online Marketing Tips Every Business Should Know
- Know Your Customer – before launching any online marketing strategy, you’ll need to know who your customer is, and what they love most about you. Your ICP (ideal client profile), is your perfect client – research and target them! Add to your understanding of your customer by creating a buyer persona.
- Build a Brand – when building a brand, keep it simple and uniform across the board. Your website, logo, slogan, and mission should be found everywhere online including your social profiles. Drive that traffic back to your site where they’ll learn more about your business, product, or service. Your website and social profiles will help sell you if used properly.
- Become a Resource – keep in mind, your customers are your best voice. Word-of-mouth is infectious and leaving a lasting impression on your client is extremely important. By providing useful information, you’ll compliment your business with and position yourself as an expert in the industry. Your clients will respect and recognize your resourcefulness.
- Learn to be Social – stay in contact with your clients online and connect on social media. Social media makes it easy to stay connected with clients and to share promotions. Share useful information in your feeds, and help interact with them however you can. Keep your customer informed and stay in front of them. When they think of the next time they need your product or service, they should know to call you.
- Be Consistent – when writing up your strategy, be sure to have goals. By setting goals, you know what you’ll need to achieve through your online marketing efforts. For instance, make it goal to connect with 5 existing clients, and reach out to 10 new prospects. Don’t forget to track your success and look for trends.
- (Bonus) Leverage Technology – keeping your website and social profiles updated can be time consuming to say the least. Luckily, there’s platforms like Hootsuite that make life as an online marketer extremely easy. Sign up for a free account, link your social profiles, and start sharing content! Go a step further by installing Google Chrome and the Hootsuite Chrome extension.
A successful marketing campaign can strengthen the viability of any business. However, lack of a marketing plan will result in an almost certain failure. Remember, marketing is the engine to all sales and growth of any business. And, online marketing will make up a good portion of your marketing strategy.
Oops! We could not locate your form.