IT support is also known as technical support or break/fix support. An IT support staff is a group of people who offer tech support to companies and individuals who need it. It’s mainly reactive and it creates IT distractions that most of the time could have been prevented. Even though we frequently talk about the benefits to IT support on an as-needed basis, we’re not afraid to admit managed IT services are the best way to prevent IT issues in the first place.
Managed IT service companies are typically providers that monitor your system 24/7 preventing things from breaking. They prevent breakdowns before they happen thus being proactive in the approach to managing your systems and network. Managed services in Austin Texas come in different forms and subscriptions. You simply pick the one that works best for you and you pay a monthly fee. Though some providers charge nearly double the cost than others, very few managed IT service companies offer a month to month contract with simple flat fee pricing.
Why should I choose managed IT services over break-fix IT support?
“Efficiency, quality, cost, and speed, Oh, My!”
You are asking someone else for help with your business. IT outsourcing if not performed well is a challenging task. There is always going to be a certain amount of risk with that option. It does not matter what type of managed IT services Austin Texas package you subscribe to. This option presents a reduction in risk, as opposed to the alternative, which is break-fix IT support.
7 Handy tips when seeking managed services
- IT support companies don’t always know what they are doing, I’ve used them myself when I worked in the corporate world. IT support companies put band-aids on the issue. Their training is minimal and usually, they offer just generic advice.
- Any managed IT services Austin Texas package is going to bear the burden you carry. They need to be compliant with government regulations and other things. Managed IT services reduces your risk. They deal with security issues you do not have to.
- The downtime you might incur is next to nothing. Your performance time is going to be better because they recognize a problem before it begins. That means you spend less money on repairs and have more in your budget to invest in your business.
- The packages they offer come with risk-free spending. Everything is priced according to your needs without the added expense. You are covered under any package you buy. That is a great benefit to businesses that are struggling and cannot afford an expensive repair.
- Managed services are familiar with things like PCI compliance standards. They keep everything up-to-date, including your DMZ and your firewall. Most importantly, your data is kept private and secure, including credit card information you keep online.
- MSP’s (Managed Service Provider) regulate and keep your costs down. MSP’s use your package to help keep the risk you may bear lowered, especially when it comes to disasters that happen within your network.
- You stay connected with professionals you might not know otherwise. Why should you pay thousands of dollars for someone you can talk to for free within the package?
“Why pay to see the band when you can join the band?”
Does your business qualify for a free IT analysis?
Only you can decide what is right for you. These are just some of the benefits related to managed IT services. Choosing IT over the alternative is well worth your while. Your business may have limited resources as is. You stay focused on what you need to do. Let them do what they do best. It is a win-win for each side.
See if your business qualifies for a free IT analysis. It is not too late to help move your business forward the right way.