What are some of the things a cyber criminal could do to your business?
- Business Email Compromise (BEC): Hackers can use your company’s email account to impersonate your company’s executives. For example, they can even request unauthorized transfers to their account.
- Install Ransomware: Criminals can lock you out of your data and demand that you give them money to regain access.
- Compromise your mobile devices: Most mobile devices were not designed with security in mind. They can infect and control your devices using Botnets, or networks of devices controlled by these hackers. The code to do this is available on the internet- anyone with access to the internet can learn how to compromise your devices.
How do you prevent these things from happening?
- Use a Firewall: Most computers come with a built-in firewall, but these are not very strong and are not made to protect the data of businesses. Firewalls may offer automatic protection, but they work best when adjusted and updated. A managed IT service provider is your best bet in maintaining the best protection.
- Install strong Anti-Virus software: A basic Anti-Virus software is not enough to protect your company from harm. You need to install a sophisticated anti-virus software on every device in your office. But that’s only the first step. After the software needs to update automatically as viruses will evolve to outsmart them.
- Train your employees: Employees take their work home with them, transfer data over the cloud, and allow their family members to use their work devices. Consequently this could put the company at risk. Continual training also keeps your employees in the loop on the latest tactics used by cyber criminals to get your data.
- Detect and prevent intrusion: Intrusion detection and prevention software protects your network from threats and proactively prevents data breaches. It monitors users who are trying to get into your accounts and blocks people that are acting suspicious. When it detects suspicious activity, the software alerts your IT team so they can manage the threat.
- Employees often bring their own devices to work and then use them on your network. If these devices aren’t secure, which they often aren’t, they pose threats to your business. Use Mobile Device Management software to protect devices that aren’t company owned.
Cyber Security with Managed IT Services
Looking for tech support in Austin? We want to be your IT partner in securing your business as we do for so many of our clients. Security breaches can happen at any time. We offer a free commitment and risk-free 30-point IT analysis, click here to find out if your business qualifies. You have nothing to lose; in contrast you get information on securing your business network along with peace of mind with the best managed service in Austin.