Wow! It’s New Year’s already! Before you rush to the gym, take some time to think through your 2019 plans for your business! If you want to make this year better than ever, follow these 9 New Year’s resolutions for small business success.
1. Update that website! In 2018, having an out-of-date website is like trying to sell things in a store with the front door locked. It won’t work. Consider updating your site, either yourself or by contacting a web developer. Not to brag, but we’re awesome at web design and development. One of our many other specialties that we bring as your IT partner.
2. Evaluate your technology assets. Take stock of all your tech assets and make sure you’re maximizing their use. Are you over-buying? Do you have licenses going unused? Would you enjoy updating your workstations? Performing maintenance on your tech before it becomes troublesome can save your ass-ets!
3. Survey your staff. Are your staff’s needs met? Conduct a survey of your employees’ tech wants and woes. Allocating resources can better meet the daily needs of your team while maximizing technology usage. Reach out to local IT support companies to help with this analysis. Employees will be happier and more productive, and you could save money too!
4. Do a security audit! Data breaches and uncaught vulnerabilities are one of the costliest things you can overlook. Conduct an audit to identify security weaknesses. Many small businesses hire an IT company that can attempt to penetrate your security and present to you their findings. Many IT companies will give you this peace of mind. Check out this post on the importance of IT security.
5. Analyze the cost of managing your own infrastructure. Aside from the cost of the equipment, how much money are you spending each month on managing on-site infrastructure and IT support? Consider how much you might save by contracting with an IT support company for managed services. A company that provides IT support in Austin may even be able to provide onsite IT support.
6. Up-skill! Investing in your team, whether by equipment or education, will almost always pay back with interest. Consider where you can close education gaps and where investing in more training can increase the capabilities of your staff. Many local IT companies offer training services where they will come to your office and train your team for you. Contracting with an IT company ensures your team gets the high-quality training they deserve.
7. Start shopping! Once you have all the information from your surveys and audits, start shopping around. Taking quotes from area IT support companies can help you find out how much you might be able to save and streamline by paying for managed services. Companies in the Austin, Texas area can even come in and take a physical survey of your needs. Hearing proposals from companies can help show you where you might be over- or under-spending. At Infinity Technology Consultants, we provide excellent IT support in Austin, and we’re happy to help with all your IT needs.
8. Communicate! With the new year comes a new opportunity to improve communication! Communication will help your staff work their responsibilities around any upcoming technology changes. This will ensure that transitions happens well. A local IT support company can help you plan how to communicate throughout the various stages of change!
9. Take a little time for yourself! You’ve worked hard to get through 2018, and you deserve a little downtime of your own. Make sure you’re at your best by taking time for rest and relaxation!
Whatever 2019 looks like for you, nothing will help get it off to a great start more than having a killer plan for success! Reach out to us at Infinity Technology Consultants today for help crafting your 2019 IT roadmap. Find out if your business qualifies for a free IT analysis today!