If you’re debating whether or not to purchase and update to OSX Mountain Lion don’t; the cost on the app store is only $20! This is extremely reasonable considering all the updates and new features you’re getting. I know, Mountain Lion has been out for awhile now but I haven’t had much play time with it just yet. I literally just updated last night and immediately wanted to share my experience.
How To Update/ Install OSX Mountain Lion?
To install Mountain Lion OSX you want to first make sure that you’re updated to at least OSX. That way, you can perform an update/install rather than a clean install. So, assuming you are updated to OSX this is how you update to Mountain Lion OSX:
Before you continue
If you are running any out-dated software be sure you check to make sure it will be compatible with Mountain Lion. I learned this the hard way. After blindly updating to Mountain Lion, I realized my version of Parallel’s Desktop was not compatible. No big deal really, I wanted a reason to purchase the newest version but still – I wanted to give you a heads up.
- First, close any open applications you have
- Now, go to the app store and purchase OSX Mountain Lion
- The download will begin shortly. This will take awhile to download depending on your internet connection. The size is over 4GB. – Stay patient, get a cup of coffee and step away for a moment
- Download finished and you’re ready to install
- Double-click the Mountain Lion.dmg file and follow the on-screen instructions
- The install will now begin. Installing Mountain Lion takes at least 30 minutes
- Once the install is complete your computer may/will restart. When your computer restarts again, follow the on-screen instructions
- Go through the setup and introduction to finish the installation
- At this point, you should now be fully installed and on your new up-to-date Mountain Lion desktop
Post Install: Was It Worth Upgrading to OSX Mountain Lion?
I can’t answer this question for everyone. We’re each going to have our opinions and justifications as to why we think or don’t think it was worth it. To me though, it was totally worth it. I only spent $20 which is cheaper than any Windows operating system and the newly added features to OSX Mountain Lion and tweaks are pretty neat. Take it for a spin.
For a complete overview of what’s new in OSX Mountain Lion visit Apple’s website.