Following our older post Troubleshooting iCloud Sync With Outlook we’ve been contacted by many people having issues installing and setting up iCloud sync on their PC’s before even getting to troubleshooting iCloud. This is a problem. I personally have found that many software programs and background services interfere with the iCloud sync server and iCloud will not work without uninstalling them. I don’t have an exact list of which programs and services interfere with iCloud sync but it seems like Net Nanny for one is causing iCloud some trouble. We shouldn’t point the finger at Net Nanny though. They make a great product for PC and it works well along side any other PC software. The picky one here is iCloud. So, how do we get iCloud sync to install and work properly on our PC’s?
iCloud Sync Issues With PC
If you’re experiencing the following issues proceed:
- Unable to install iCloud sync on a PC
- After installation, unable to configure iCloud sync
- Receiving error message “Your setup couldn’t be started because the iCloud server stopped responding”
- iCloud windows control panel setup failure
- Unable to install or reinstall iCloud sync
If you’re experiencing any of the following issues above you can try the following troubleshooting steps to help you identify and correct any issue(s) with iCloud sync:
- Remove any unnecessary background services and start up programs. You can easily do this on your own by following our video Cleaning Windows Startup Programs and Background Services from our YouTube channel
- You can also try disabling any Outlook add-ons before attempting the sync setup
- Disable any firewalls and anti-virus software
- Uninstall and reinstall iCloud sync
Additionally, you can contact us and request a remote session. We would setup a remote session, and attempt to diagnose, troubleshoot, and correct any errors you’re experiencing with iCloud sync and your PC. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.